Skip to content
- When is the deadline to register to vote in Virginia?
- Register to vote in Virginia before the extended deadline of Thursday, October 15th.
- How do I register to vote in Virginia?
- If you have a Virginia driver’s license or identification card, you can register to vote online and submit the form electronically.
- If you do not have a Virginia driver’s license or ID card, you will be prompted to print your completed application, sign it, and mail it in.
- Complete your application before the deadline, and look for your voter registration card in the mail (it serves as a form of voter ID).
- How can I check my voter registration status?
- Do I need to show my identification to vote?
- In Virginia, in-person voters must show an acceptable type of ID at the polls or they will have to vote a provisional ballot and produce acceptable ID later.
- Acceptable forms of ID include any one of the following:
- Student ID issued from an institution of higher learning in the state of Virginia (either public or private);
- Voter registration card;
- Valid Virginia driver’s license;
- Social Security card;
- Identification cards issued by the US military, employer, or federal, Virginia, or local agency;
- Concealed handgun permit; or
- Copy of a utility bill, bank statement, government check or paycheck that shows the name and address of the voter.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: