Richmond Planning Commission
- The Richmond Planning Commission is responsible for many of the city planning tasks over both the short and long-term. The Commission writes the City’s Master Plan, or the main guide for the city’s development and growth.
- This Commission would interest anyone who wants to learn more about land use, zoning, long-term urban planning, budget creation, and urban development.
- View the Commission’s website here: http://www.richmondgov.com/CommissionCityPlanning/index.aspx
- View the newsfeed for a snapshot of the Commission’s latest meeting!
Richmond Urban Design Committee
- The Urban Design Committee (UDC) is an advisory board that reviews plans for the development of public property, and focuses on aligning any projects with both the City’s Master Plan and neigborhood design standards.
- The UDC would interest anyone who wants to learn more about architecture, urban planning, urban design, and urban renewal; for example, why Church Hill or the Fan have very consistent themes in their appearance.
- View the UDC’s website here: http://www.richmondgov.com/content/CommitteeUrbanDesign/index.aspx
Richmond Urban Forestry Commission
- The Urban Forestry Commission (UFC) is an advisory board to the Department of Public Works and City Council that works to improve the City’s urban forestry resources.
- The UFC would interest anyone who wants to learn more about urban environmental policy, environmental preservation, and land use.
- View the UFC’s website here: http://www.richmondgov.com/commissionurbanforestry/index.aspx
Richmond Regional Planning District Commission
- The Richmond Regional Planning District Commission (RRPDC) is a regional planning agency that addresses issues of development, such as transportation, across the entire Richmond Region, and works to promote regional cooperation.
- The RRPDC is broken down into the Richmond Regional Planning District Commission (RRPDC), the Richmond Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (RAMPO), and the Capital Region Collaborative (CRC); the three subdivisions have their own committees, each with separate meetings, and would interest anyone who wants to learn more about regional governmental collaboration efforts, long term regional economic and infrastructure planning, and policy advocacy.
- View the Regional Planning District Commission’s website here: http://www.richmondregional.org
City of Richmond Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Facilities
- The City of Richmond Parks, Recreation, and Community Facilities Advisory Board assists and guides the City’s Department of Parks and Recreation in developing excellent facilities and recreational programming for City residents and visitors.
- The Advisory Board of Parks and Recreation would interest anyone who wants to learn more about community development, land use policy, and city programming.
- View the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board’s website here: http://www.richmondgov.com/parks/AdvisoryBoard.aspx